Update – Conference Dinner Location:
Hotel-Brauereigasthof Josef Fuchs
ICCAI 2023 Travel Information
Hotels with special pricing for the conference:
The room reservations of the hotels are only valid until July 27. After that they are offered on the open market.
We recommend the B&B Hotel.
- Hotel einsmehr
Alfred-Nebelstr. 7, Neusäß
Price: 68 EUR for doctors, surcharge 25 EUR = 103 Euro / room.
Please reference the following reservation number or keyword when booking the hotel: Reservation #217 or keyword: Digitale Medizin (103 euros per night per room until July 27, after that you can continue to book at the agreed rate)Distance to the UKA: 700 meters
- B&B Hotel
Augsburg-West, Werner-Heisenberg-Straße 11, 86156 Augsburg
Please reference the following reservation number or keyword when booking the hotel: Reservation #720626 (the reservation of the hotel has been extended until August 18. The price is now 87.67 euros per night per room )
Distance to the UKA: 1.1 km (13 min walk)
- Leonardo Hotel
Price on request
Augsburg, 31 Langenmantelstraße, 86153 Augsburg
Distance to the UKA: 3,6 km (14 min bus #2)
Information about Augsburg’s main attractions:
- Sights in Augsburg (PDF)
- Fuggerei, founded by the Fugger family in 1521, Fuggerei 56, 86152 Augsburg
- Riegele Beer brewery, Augsburg near main station, Frölichstraße 26
- Ulrich’s Dom, Ulrichplatz 19, 86150 Augsburg. The abbey was founded in the 900s while the current building has a Late Gothic design from the 15th century, easily recognized by its tower topped with a Baroque onion dome.
- Augsburger Puppenkiste: the theatre’s most famous marionettes are Kater Mikesch, Urmel, Jim Knopf and Lukas der Lokomotivführer are beloved by generations of Germans
- Follow the traces of the Fuggers, Mozart, Brecht and UNESCO World Heritage by public city tours
- Historical Wassertürme at Rotes Tor, Am Roten Tor 1, Tickets online. It is a completely preserved historical architectural ensemble and it is a unique European monument of drinking water supply from the period 1430 to 1879.
(how to get to Augsburg from Munich)
You will find the University Hospital (UKA) in Stenglinstraße 2, 86156 Augsburg and the Institut of digital Medicine (IDM) in Gutenbergstr. 7, 86356 Neusäß
Note: Bus transfer runs only between the Hospital and the Institute: 500 / 501 (about 2,5 km distance).
BY TRAIN / PUBLIC TRANSPORT // Economy
- Rail Travel Information
- Take the Deutsche Bahn to the train station “Augsburg- Hauptbahnhof” or “Neusäß”. From there you can change to streetcar line 2 or bus 32 in the direction of “Uniklinik BKH”. Get off at the “BKH” stop.
From Munich Airport: taking 2 trains (one from Munich Airport -> Munich Central station) and another one from Munich Central station to Augsburg. The cheapest is the Bayernticket (Bavaria ticket): 27 Euro. This includes bus and local train rides (RE, no ICE) for one day. From Munich Airport to Augsburg it is 92 km.
Bavaria ticket: 27 Euro, Germany ticket 49 Euro
- A8 // On the A8 freeway, take the exit “Augsburg-West”, direction Augsburg-West/Messe (B17). From the B17 take the exit “Neusäß/Zentralklinikum”, follow Kobelweg, Neusäßer Str. to Stenglinstraße.
- A96 // On the A96 freeway take the exit “Landsberg am Lech-West”, direction Landsberg am Lech-West/Augsburg (B17). From B17 take the exit “Bürgermeister-Ackermann-Str./
B300″, on Kriegshaberstraße, Neusäßerstr., Stenglinstraße.
- Ofenhaus, Am alten Gaswerk 8, 86156 Augsburg
- Ratskeller, Rathausplatz 2, 86150 Augsburg (the old Town Hall)